Sunday, January 31, 2010

Larry Bird


The other day in class, we were discussing ways to enhance Indiana State's publicity and increase our fundraising. We discussed inviting Larry Bird to campus and promoting his legacy. The idea behind this was creating a strong relationship with Larry Bird so he would help the university with its financial situation. So, I started thinking of ways to "Larry Birdize" Indiana State and the community in general.

During Larry Bird's college years, he lived in a house across the street from where my grandmother lives now. I thought it would be a good idea to make it a tourist attraction. On Saturday, I went to Larry Bird's old college house, but what I found was nothing. That's right. His college house, were he lived when he was a superstar at ISU, was torn down. Above is a picture of where Larry Bird's home used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment